Are you on top of your flossing habits? Do you think that you perform your dental hygiene like a true pro? If you’re nodding your head “yes,” we wonder, how do you think you’d do with a flossing quiz? If you’re backing away slowly and looking for a place to hide, then you just might need to review and possibly refresh those habits of yours. Turn okay practices into best practices and your oral health will thank you.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: When you floss your smile, you should do it as quickly as possible. As long as you get between all of your teeth, this is good enough.
- True or False: You don’t need to floss behind your very back teeth. You only need to floss where there are two teeth touching.
- True or False: You should try to snap floss quickly and aggressively between teeth to get the best results with your dental hygiene.
- False. If you rush your flossing session, you’re bound to miss plaque and little bits of food. Even the smallest trace of plaque will harden, become tartar, and can encourage dental health problems. The best way to approach flossing is to take your time, do a thorough job, and then announce that you are finished!
- False. You need to drag your dental floss along the tissue between all of your teeth and behind those in-the-very-back teeth, too.
- False. You should be gentle with your flossing technique. You should be gentle, as a matter of fact, with every part of your dental hygiene. Otherwise, you can end up with problems like damage, receding gums, irritation, and more.
Protect Your Dental Health By Asking For Hygiene Tips
Learn all about your best possible flossing practices, so your oral health can stay in exceptional shape. Schedule a visit with your dentist in Austin, TX by contacting Austin General Dentistry today at 512-346-5540.