First things first, if you don’t want to chip your tooth, then you’re going to have to practice just a little bit of caution in your daily life. Worried that this is going to turn your usual activities on their head? Fortunately, avoiding damage to your smile is actually much easier than you might think. To get the details sorted out so you know what to do to prevent chips and how cosmetic care can help with existing damage, take our quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you want to avoid a chipped tooth, we strongly suggest you avoid choosing foods that are extremely hard (they can cause damage).
- True or False: Chips and other types of damage can come from bad habits, which can include your own fingernail biting or participating in athletics without a mouthguard.
- True or False: Fortunately, chips are easy to fix with cosmetic care.
- True. You might not think a lot about the foods you eat causing damage but it’s entirely possible. Anything from hard candy to tough breads can break teeth if you bite them with force.
- True. Anything that exposes your teeth to consistent or powerful force (like biting your nails, an impact with a teammate or sports equipment, etc.) can lead to chips and other forms of damage.
- True. If you have a chipped tooth, this is something we can easily resolve with cosmetic care. Come in to find out whether bonding or veneers is the right choice to repair your tooth.
See Us For The Cosmetic Care You Need
We offer cosmetic treatments to help you deal with everything from chips to discoloration, so come see us for a consultation today! Schedule a visit with your dentist in Austin, TX by contacting Austin General Dentistry today at 512-346-5540.